Be Informed! Make your voice heard!
The Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the Estes-Flatiron Transmission Line Rebuilt project has been released. WAPA held an informational meeting in Estes on Tuesday, Sept 23. PDF files of the information provided are below.
Additional information concerning the project:
The Draft EIS: Go to "Project Documents" - the DEIS is 537 pages long.
100 Meadowview Drive - Estes Park CO 80517
Click below for the WAPA website
for the Estes-Flatiron Project:
Materials from the informational meeting, Sept 23 2014
Comments may be sent to
Mark Wieringa, Western Area Power Administration A7400
PO Box 28121 Lakewood CO 80228.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR COMMENTS COUNT:
- Be clear, concise and relevant.
- Things to comment on: the proposed alternatives, the assessment of the environmental impacts, proposed mitigation measures, and issues of concern.
- Provide solution-oriented comments and specific examples and supporting rationale that would aid in reaching a decision.
- Include facts (e.g. comparative impacts, issues of most concern, information on the resource tradeoffs, information on the relative values attached to the resources).
- Reference the name of the Draft EIS and include your name, address, telephone number and organization represented (if applicable).
- NEPA isn’t a voting exercise — don’t simply provide an expression of preference for one alternative versus another.